Saturday, June 25

Howdy Stranger

Well, I guess since the Clarion 05 Blog network is officially up (see links at left for blogs from my fabulous classmates) I suppose I aught to start behaving myself and doing more than making lists and taking ridiculous statistics...

on second thought, nah.

The fun part is how different each blog is -- Cat's talking lots about what we're learning (somebody has to be paying attention in class); Heather is making wry, pee-your-pants-funny statements on life and late nights; Amy has "Advice to Future Clarionites" under control, and me?

I'm making lists and taking ridiculous statistics. To be fair I am also doing a substantial amount of complaining, hand wringing and effusing over how great my classmates are. In run on sentences. Lots.

Well, someone has to be the oversensitive one with a Franzia sized box of whine and a bizarre sense of humor (okay so maybe the pea gun was a little much....) You wanna talk writing, see statements of Facts and Fiction, you want a pre-Clarion nugget of knowledge visit the Fuschia Velvet Buddha; to pee yer pants (its worth it, believe me) that's Random Jane.

So on to what you're here for...Ridiculous statistics:

Day at Clarion:6
Number of bike rides taken: 2 (sunset on Washington loop was amazing!)
Number of All nighters pulled: 1
Number of vitamins taken: Lots (see mommy, I'm takin care of myself!)
Number of photos taken: Lots more, just ask a fellow Clarionite for whom I did a dust jacket cover shoot for at Friday nite's shindig.
Number of times I've stressed over a boy, human or canine: 2
Most frequently used word: "Psycho" (usually used in reference to some that either "makes me go.." or "then I went..." hmm, no wonder I'm getting strange looks at dinner)
What I'm listening to: Norah Jones (don't worry, the night is young)
Amount of time spent lost in downtown Seattle driving around with the Buddha talking about crazy AIs (artificial intelligence), boys and road trips: hours, it was phenomenal.
Movie I fell asleep drooling in front of: An Ideal Husband (I love that movie, Julianne Moore is such a biatch, she's great!)
Greek casualties in the alley behind my room: Zero (okay there was that big puddle of blood yesterday morning but I had NOTHING to do with that. They were playing basketball and he slipped...I swear...)

Andy D arrived tonight and we had the first of many games (I hope) of "The Thing" -- Talk about hi- steryical... its a combination of poker, heads up 7 up and tag. And scientists. Don't forget the scientists. Watch the pointing fingers fly and guilty faces try to misdirect suspicion...I neither got picked to be a Thing nor was seriously suspect at any point but I laughed my myself silly...

Gotta do some reading, then off to bed. I'm aiming for sleep by 2. I've got three crits on the hopper and some ideas for my crazy AI story (which I may put on hold as I think I have something else I'd like to present for Andy's crit on Friday --hmmm, now if I can just get the darn thing nailed down by Monday) I MIGHT sleep in again tomorrow. That felt nice. Didn't get much done today, but felt good to relax. The wheel starts turning again tomorrow at 6. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home