Thursday, June 16

Ever have one of those conversations...

...you know where all of the things that you've been really needing to talk about but would have had no idea how to consciously grapple with just kind of decides to unfold itself in the most unexpected place/time?

Klaatuand I had lunch today at the Big Blue. Its my new favorite restaurant: affordable, casual, charming (huge clunky palm tree iced tea glasses) and with the best energy -- its just one of those places I walk in and immediately feel at home. Ever generous, Klaatu agreed to look at what it would take to make my laptop wireless compatible (no small task for my six year old turtle-osaur, Mz. TO-Shiba) So I happily picked up lunch. I digress...

So we got started talking and Outrider came up. All of a sudden we're talking about insecurity, having the "answers" and finding your voice: ever feel like someone reaches in your brain and plucks out the kernel of truth that sprouts the entire web of tangled thoughts and lays it bare. Instead of hacking at the peripheral shadows you're facing the real dragon. Then what happens?

One of the books I am periodically re-reading is Rilke's Letters to a Young Poet. This sticks every time:

"...perhaps all the dragons of our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us once beautiful and brave. Perhaps everything terrible is in its deepest being something helpless that wants help from us."

Lunch was great. The conversation, better. Thanks Klaatu-- I'm giving my dragon a hug, how's that wireless coming?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home