Sunday, June 19

Morning in Portland

Well... not quite in Seattle YET.

In a move that caused me some anxiety last night but I am actually quite grateful for we stopped in Portland for the night. Some problems with hooking up the next leg in Tolleywog's voyage to Idaho. My fellow Clarionites went on ahead and I hung out in Portland for the night. I needed a break anway -- had a blistering headache from driving on a freshly rained on road -- with sun glinting off pavement.

Had a nice chat with Clarionites. I found myself simultaniously intimidated and intrigued by both. We chatted a bit about the workshop-- mostly about travel and home life. I botched the opportunity to describe Outrider beyond basic story elements though. SIGH. Nerves.

Any who, spent the night in a sweet little house in NE Portland (thanks Noah and Lisa -- congratulations!) and we walked the dog up to the neighborhood trendy coffee house this morning and talked about what's next -- looks like he'll be continuing on to Seattle proper with me.

Can I say relief? To deal with someone else's travel problems takes my mind off the fact that in less than four hours I will be on Planet Clarion. I called admin to let them know I would be cruising in just in time. Tolley is re loading the car. Better go make myself useful...

2 Comments:

Blogger Shrog said...

Are you there yet? "Lucky!"

6/20/2005 4:56 PM  
Blogger Eddie said...

I'm HEEERRREEE! YIPEEEEE!

6/21/2005 12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home