Monday, June 27

Holee Shit...War of the Worlds tix

I love CW Admin!

Apparently word came down we might get a chance to catch the the sneak peak of War of the Worlds. I am secretly dying to see this movie, why?

I hate Tom Cruise. Okay hate is a strong word. I think is annoying and has big teeth -- which some people might say also describes yours truly, but he has other character traits that grate on my nerves. (can Katie Holmes be considered a character trait -- I mean she's cute but...)

So he did okay in Interview with the Vamp and I do have a soft, sticky spot for Legend.

Half of me is rooting for the movie to turn out to be a terrible, overproduced Hollywood blunder mobile so I can wag my finger in someone's face about how Hollywood can NOT keep redoing old movies and literature if they're gonna keep screwing things up. ( like I have any say) At least this way I will not have lost several bucks at the theater if it does, indeed, suck.

The quiet half is secretly hoping the movie is great. The same way I hoped for I, Robot, Paycheck, Daredevil, Elektra and for that matter, Blade Runner to also -- not suck. Unfortunately they did. So that part is staying really quiet in case it happens to be wrong.

The big mouth has no problem with making retractions as loudly as it made the original statement...The quiet one hates to be disappointed.

I am going to finish my first read through, nap and maybe join another Clarionite on the early busride over to the theatre. He's gonna get crits done while we wait in line. Sounds like a good way to kill a few birds with one stone (sorry Bro Crow, its a figure of speech man) and get a little entertainment on top of all.

One thing I like about Andy D is how often he makes cinematic references, and not just sci-fi. I have been feeling a bit guilty about being a bit of a cine-phile. Thinking maybe at this level the hard core crowd would thumb their noses at my craving for celluloid. Its not like I don't recognize that so many of the movies are flawed, or all and out suck...its just that I always have hope, if only a thin shred, that something in the construction and execution might be worth my time and energy. Or at least provide gristle for the writing machine that is my grey matter.

Now I don't feel like such a weirdo. Thanks Andy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you kidding? I love movies. I just haven't had time to watch them in the longest, but you should see my DVD, video, and laserdisc (that's right, laserdisc--that's how much I love movies!) collection. But yes, Andy D is very well-rounded. I mean, he talked about Get Smart. That probably impressed me the most!

6/28/2005 12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home