Friday, July 1

Happy Friday

Howdy! Thanks for checking back in. Crit for "Life and Death" went great, people really got to the meat of what needed to be worked and saw right through my "Clarion middle" (rushing through with a "because I said so" to the reader cause I had 4 hours till story due time) demanding the meat of the story.

Again, seemed like a bit of a longer piece (read book or novella)

Again, where's the conflict, why is this day more important than any other day (even more so than "Strange")

But, the plus side: folks liked the premise (largely), and the voice and no one protested about the talking cat. (That was my mission, sneak a talking cat into the piece and raise no alarm)


AND...I know I promised you part of "Strange" today but this has been an insane Friday -- busy busy busy and my laptop got here yesterday early! I'm in the process of moving all my files, favorites and crap from Ms Toshiba Saurus Rex to the tentatively named New Delli so I didn't get to play with "Strange" like I thought I would. I will definitely work on getting that out soon. Cause the farther I get from it the more I really like it and the thought of turning it into a novella is starting to excite me more and more.

tonight, we party (such a rough life) I had dish detail but most everyone pitched in -- Heather even popped behind the counter to help change the dishes in washer and "dish" with me about life in Seattle. It sounds very awesome...its going to be hard not to quit my job and crash on somebody's couch when this is all over :-)

Okay for people reading this from work I am JUST KIDDING. I LOVE YOU AND CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!

I'm gonna paint my nails (thanks mom for the care package!) and get my sari on, then I'm taking Clarion Scout Troop #2005 to another fabulous shindig.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home