Wednesday, January 11

Why Not?

Well I tinkered at the old template for a while, but to be honest I never really liked it anyway (especially since every third blogger user has the same damn one) In light of a new year and all the changes life has brought I thought I earned a new look. The Blue Morpho is my favorite butterfly and an apt totem for the year unfolding.

So welcome to Morpho - an adaptation of the Imitate Template designed by beccary.com -- the morpho photo comes courtesy of BelizeHank who was oh so kind enough to permit me the use of it.

In addition to keeping me busy the last few days (and my mind distracted) designing the template has made me feel closer than ever to my blog and taught me more about CSS than I'd ever dreamed I'd care about. And I now do. I'll probably be tweaking things the next few weeks with the hope of one day being competent enough to design my own template from the ground up.

    Other updates:
  • Small Strange Towns has gone out into the cold dark world. I'd like to think I don't have hopes for it, but what parent doesn't. I did promise I'd still love it even if it came home empty handed, however.

  • Sight, the working title for the trunk novel that recently has been seeing the light of day is probably the first novel I've attempted were I can see next steps all the way to the end. Not that I will rigidly follow them, but it's nice to at least have a clue. For once. It's about a blind woman, an FBI agent and 1969 Shelby GT-500 (butter yellow with black racing stripes) Okay so it's less about the car than that last sentence made it sound, but I have ALWAYS wanted to write one into a story.

  • Welcome to Arcata. An official resident of a town even smaller than Eureka (my previous domain) I can now walk EVERYWHERE: the grocery store, movie theater, video store, bank, post office and my favorite WiFi coffee shop are within 15 minutes hike. The Arcata Marsh is a five minute walk from my front door. Echo and I have started running two days a week. I am living a fantasy I've had since I was a kid.

  • Ants aside, I love my new place. (actually it's rare to find a place in Arcata that doesn't suffer from a colony or five. I am winning, thankfully) LUUUUV it. It's ALL mine. It has a big bathtub. It has a yard. It has a big fridge and a killer kitchen. It will cost me a pittance to keep in my comfortable ambient temp range. I luuuuuv it. Even when I lock myself out. Which I did yesterday for the first time

  • I am now a little bit closer to owning my own kayak. Finally!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nessa said...

I love it. It is beautiful!

1/11/2006 7:00 PM  
Blogger Eddie said...

Nibsy- Thanks for hanging in there with me through all this formatting stuff, hey if not for you, the new page might not exist!
;-)

1/18/2006 12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home