Wednesday, June 8

Last minute scrambling pre Clarion

Things to do:

Get to the Dr's office: need to refill my asthma inhaler (that's right you now know my weakness)
New contacts? These old ones are buggin and my eyes hurt at the computer
Set things up at the vet/doggy daycare for Echo
Yard Sale (rummage in my honor)
Get oil changed and car safety check
Set up earthlink account
notify NW paddling groups of my imminent arrival. Find paddling buddies
Charge laptop battery
Check cel phone roaming (no extra charges please)
Pick up plastic tubs at Target (cheap luggage!)
Get in my last HOO-RAh in town before I leave (why don't people believe me when I say I'll be back in SIX WEEKS?)
(Find) clean my riding boots/helmet ect. Wonder if my breeches fit?


Grocery list:

(Yeah so they feed us in the mornings and most dinners, but sometimes I'm gonna have to fend for myself -- and one can't eat out ALL the time. So here's the stuff I can't live without)

Sushi components - nori, rice, carrots, wasabe, cucs, onion and more... (its cheap, its easy, you can make a boatload all at once)
Goddess Dressing
Top Ramen (ye old stand by quickie meal)
Beer (a girl cannot survive on water alone)
Rice and Beans (same as Sushi)
Tuna
Mayo
Bread
Odwalla Superfood (a girl could live off of this alone)
Chocolate (trust me its for your own safety)
Tampons
Advil
Paper/Printer ink

The goal for this trip is not to spend a lot of money doing ordinary stuff like feeding myself but do the fun extraordinary stuff like check out Seattle's night life, paddle a bit and put gas in the car for weekend trips. Keep it simple. Plus I may be partially responsible for a group meal or two so I'd better have some large portion feeding tricks up my sleeve. Fresh fruit/veggies and fish can be purchased in Seattle. There is also a great Whole Foods store there, to substitute my great Co-Op here. I will survive. Pinkie Swear.

You think this is bad, wait till you see my packing list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home