Sunday, February 12

Finished!

Today I put the final touches on Grace for Fools. It such a relief to be done. I've been dreading the ending rewrite all week. Nothing but to get through it I suppose. I'm still feeling the end might be a bit weak. I've been fussing with the foreshadowing so much I can't tell if I'm writing well enough into the ending or not.
I need to take a break and look at it again later but I'm thinking it might be time to move it beyond into a new set of eyes. At least for a sanity check. Mine, mostly.

Still, feels good to be done. AHHHHH....

I got this crazy idea that I might actually start rewriting my novel. Sooner rather than later. It occurs to me that I might really need to scrap it and start over -- you know: read the thing once, toss it and start writing all over again. Trying to hang on to bits and pieces is just too hard for me right now. I wind up getting tangled up in the same mess I did on the first draft. The funny part is I'm almost terrified at the thought. I remember how consuming it was -- daunting -- living with the plot and characters constantly in my head for the better part of a year. Back to the days and nights of dropping whatever I'm doing because I just have to jot down a sentence (or paragraph or pages) that come to me when they come to me. Plus I already have a relationship with this story and these characters. It would almost be easier to start over with a new set of people and a new story.

Easy, yes? But where's the fun in easy?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Nessa said...

I like reading your writing posts. Ah, writer's angst.

2/14/2006 10:34 AM  
Blogger Shrog said...

I would be happy to be a fresh set of eyes for you...anytime. :)

2/15/2006 1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home