Wednesday, August 31

It goes on and on and on

I am trying to ignore the word count on my revision thusfar -- just get it out of my head and edit it later -- but I am starting to panic when I look at the page total and watch Strange steadily growing and growing and growing.

I'm mostly worried that as it gets bigger it won't be able to sustain its own weight before it collapses in on itself. Its already a bit of a potentially debunkable (but fun) premise. I have given myself a deadline however, which should light the necessary fire under my patootie and keep me working.

I figure if I can get the revision draft done by the 3rd I'll be doing good. T gets back on Saturday and I know I will be WAY more interested in playing with him than Strange since he's only back for a week. Plus he might actually have time to read for me before he leaves, than I can do any further tweaking and post it for the CW crit group.

I really want them to look at it since they'll have a bit of perspective and I may also cast it about to a few outside my trusty compadres for a few fresh eyes.

In other news, yeeeaahhh my new phone is here. Its amazing how much I missed the little bugger. Not like I'm always on it, but when I need a phone I have one there...

I lost all my stored photos but managed to retain my address book -- a worthy exchange. Sure beats having to dig around for scraps of paper and call friends who know other friends and try to recreate the damn thing. Which only works until you get somewhere and absolutely NEED to reach so-and-so and realize you never put so-and-so back in your address book after the great phone swap-er-roo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home