Wednesday, August 3

A word of thanks

Now its time to thank the folks that got me here and home. So big thanks to Mom, Dad and Grandmas and Grandpas, not so little sis Kamilah and my Aunties – for more love and support than one grrl can hold on to with both her arms open. To the wonderful ladies of WeCanDo – Lila, Candelaria, Bonnie, Barbara, Janna, Carolyn, Jean, Lorraine, Olivia, Deborah and our fearless guide Akaya -- proving that we can do an amazing project, without even knowing it. Thanks to my friends and co-workers at MMP that supported me and helped me get to Clarion West – and for hanging on to my job until I got back.

To everyone who came to the party and those who donated items to, and shopped at the yard sale. Thanks for getting me to Seattle. Couldn’t have done it without you.

Biggest thanks to my adorable and savy housemate, Bonny Jean Johnson…who was with me when I got the call from Leslie saying I got in and made a killer welcome home dinner when I arrived home. Also thanks to brah-Adam for getting his truck stuck at the beach while taking Echo out to play and for always supplying plenty of Johnny Cash and the Stones.

To my Tolleywog – purveyor of water fun, a safe space to be me, and the best hugs on the planet. Couldn’t have survived week 4 without you T, can’t wait till you get home.

To Toyota, for making the best damned cars on the planet…okay this is getting carried away, I should save something for my Hugo acceptance speech. Heheheeee ;-)

And one last thanks, to Grandpa Silvera – the original teller of strange tales. Annie Pongadon anyone? This one is for you. I’d say rest in peace, but I know you’re happiest staying busy, so just try not to fix all the rundown Cadillacs in heaven before I get there to help out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home