Tuesday, August 16

The Grrl and her Garden

So as my fellow Clarionites might remember, one of the many reasons I couldn't wait to get home was to check out my garden. It was badly overgrown and under watered, but getting back among my little weedlings and snailnests felt great...Sunday I spent much of the afternoon digging, weeding and watering.

Oh yeah and harvesting. Check out my first cabbage!


So I'm not the most experienced gardener but I love my little dirty veggie pile -- especially the cabbages. Confession: I did have a really hard time pulling the first one. It felt so much like a real little head -- and my roommate had to pipe in with the reminder about the "Cabbage Patch Kids" characters, which I had conveniently forgotten about. I think I used to have one of those as a kid. Oh god, I'm going to hell...

Damn it was tasty though...

4 Comments:

Blogger Shrog said...

Crap! I forgot to bring home my cabbage, again. fiddle stix

8/16/2005 8:25 PM  
Blogger Eddie said...

Hey that head won't live forever...where's my salad!

:-)

8/17/2005 11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute!!!

8/17/2005 12:24 PM  
Blogger Shrog said...

Doh!

8/20/2005 1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home