Tuesday, March 28

Strange out again

Strange goes out today - with a new cover sheet and first page thanks to my favorite editor's cat.

I am going to finish the Horseboy revision TODAY. Or sometime soon.

Dropped my car off at the shop today. They confirmed it's only inner CV boots that need replacing -- NOT -- as the dealership indicated, the entire front axel. Sheesh. I hate dealers.

I also got the most thorough explanation as to why my car gets the most shitty gas mileage around (besides the fact it's a V6 Toyota) and if I had about an hour I'd give you the full rundown but in brief:
  • Winter gas mileage sucks - humidity in the air messes with the o2 sensor (blah blah blah blah, at this point my eyes started to glaze over)
  • Costco sells crappy gas to the loss of about 1-3 mpg...
  • I don't let my car warm up before driving it
  • California gas has more junk in it than say, Oregon or Idaho, so you actually get less fuel per gallon = less miles
  • Short trips around town in a cold, fuel injected V6 engine is a deal breaker
I have concluded -- as with most complex multi-issue problems -- that it's really all The Man's fault! Damn the Man! Damn, Damn Damn! Heeheee...

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

You don't happen to drive a Honda, do you? I have never known a Honda owner who didn't have issues with the CV joints/boots sooner or later.

4/04/2006 11:08 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

When we figure out where The Man is, let's go get him. He has alot to answer for.

4/05/2006 11:57 AM  
Blogger Eddie said...

Strangely, no. My sister's honda had to have both CV boots done recently so you're on to something though. I drive a yota...

4/07/2006 3:12 PM  
Blogger Eddie said...

I have a feeling 'The Man' resides somewhere in the same neighborhood as the infamous 'They' ( of "They say..." fame)

4/07/2006 3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home