Saturday, March 25

Check in

Sorry things have been quiet around here the last few days -- we're having some serious drama at my job -- and that's definitely impacting my work. Of course, just because I'm not actively working on a story doesn't mean I'm not doing something writing related. In brief...Some stats:

I'm reading:
  • Fiction: The Dark Tower #7 (Aptly titled, The Dark Tower), by Stephen King (Final book, hallelujah!)
  • Non Fiction: Collapse, How Societies Choose to Succeed or Fail by Jared Diamond
  • Short Stories: 2005 Best American Short Stories
Listening to: (reason #999 for a Tip Jar: I need an ipod)
  • Eugene's Breakup Mixes (Sad and Happy mostly, I've moved past Rage)
  • My "Psyche and Eros" Mixes (Ani D to Switchfoot love songs)
  • Sarah Vaughn
Recent Movies:
  • V for Vendetta
  • The Spitfire Grill
  • I'll Sleep When I'm Dead

Wine: (And no, I don't think drinking is writing related, but it HAS been making all the "palavaring" in DT7 easier to get through. Get to the frickin tower, already! Ditto Clive Owen's repeated monosyllabic questioning of his brother's rape and subsequent suicide: "Why did Davy do it?" Which in a marblemouthed cockney accent comes out like "whu did Daavy du 't?")
  • Luna Sangiovese
Other News:
  • Mom came up for a visit which was heavenly. We did lots of girl stuff and she cooked a TON of food and stayed up late chatting. Love that girl!
Sorry, nothing good to note today. Except for I now know why I usually do laundry on Tuesdays and Thursdays ($1.79 wash nites)...regular old Saturday morning wash is a whopping $2.40. Arggh.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nessa said...

I think Clive Owen shouldn't speak much. I'm always a little disappointed when I hear him speak. Looks good, though.

What kind of wine is that? Name sounds interesting. Btw, I thought alcohol was a writing staple?

3/28/2006 3:29 AM  
Blogger Eddie said...

Nibsy- Just saw Inside Man this weekend. I have to say it was the most impressed I've ever been with a Clive Owen role. Must have had a voice coach, he was actually rather intelligible!
Still, he makes a good "strong silent type." Hehehe.

3/28/2006 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home