Wednesday, October 19

NANOWRIMO and then some

I am officially moved in. Thanks to my incredible mom and her gal-pal extraordinare my kitchen is unpacked and homey and my fridge stocked with food. The rest of the house...Well, yeah...That's another story. We did, however, find the curtains. And the TV. No remote yet. T's comment: "Wow, Bj's room is done, the living room is coming together, the kitchen looks amazing...." (then he rounds the corner to my room--s-- ) "well, there's some work to be done here."

Thanks T.

What's a girl to do in the face of enormous mountains of boxes and lost sundries. Start my 2005 attempt at NANOWRIMO -- duh! What is that odd assortment of letters mean, you ask? Its NAtional NOvel WRIting MOnth, of course. Check it out!

Why unpack when you can write. What can be more fun than trying to cram 50,000 words in 30 days between a full time job, unpacking a house and paddling the fall flows with my sweetie? (I'm serious, just in case you thought I was being sarcastic, as per usual)

I, the journalist, require a deadline and some stress to be fully productive. Know thyself.

It's tempting to dive into Strange, but I think I might take a side trip to a story I wrote as a bedtime for my sister when we were kids and have since neglected. She's been begging for a rewrite and since I didn't get to it this summer, I'd be fun to have done for Christmas. I'd like to take a few of my "alterna-fantasy" worldbuilding Clarion lessons and put them to use. Starting with the title.

So as of November 1st, I'm off. Workingly untitled "The Good Queen's Daughter."

Keep ya posted.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on being done with the move! That must be an incredible relief. Now to find a place for everything.

I will get a crit on Strange to you in a day or so. I've fallen behind as I work on some other time-sensitive stuff, but I'm looking forward to reading the new draft!

10/24/2005 10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home